The very first session trendtalk#1, “Future Forward”, was held in the first quarter of 2012: a gathering of delicious visuals, provocative ideas and thoughts on the lifestyle trends that would touch us in 2012. It took place Wednesday 15th February 2012, from 3.30pm-4.30pm at the Plascon Auditorium, 71 Waterkant St, Cape Town. The entry fee was a voluntary donation of R20 – all in aid of the design charity, Rock Girl (www.rockgirlsa.org).
The trendtalk#1 speakers included:
- Tracy Lynch, Décor Editor of Visi, giving a visual reportback on January’s Maison et Objet fair in Paris.
- Lisa Millbacher, head of Bespoke Bathrooms, revealing the latest directions.
- Helene Lindsay, Strategic Director at New Media Publishing, giving a 15-minute presentation on “Change” (the constant in the digital era )
- Lauren Shantall, presenting on lifestyle techtonics and colour.
- India Baird, the founder of Rock Girl, will also say a few words. The presentations will be facilitated by Lacia Gess.